FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR ZOOM ORDERING
Zoom Ordering is a better way for restaurants to manage their online presence. With a fully managed service offering, Zoom Ordering helps keep your menus and brand up-to-date. All of this is powered by Zoom Orderings dynamic online ordering platform. The results is a better customer experience, more control over your brand and increased profits.
This can be thought of in a couple of ways:
- Marketplace vs. Non-Marketplace - Zoom Ordering is built on the idea of empowering restaurants to maintain control of their entire business - including their online presence. Tools like Seamless and GrubHub are taking the “marketplace” approach. That means that they are becoming the source for all customers who are looking to buy food online. This is great for Seamless but bad for the restaurant. Think about it like this. Imagine you are a customer who is walking into a store looking to buy cleaning products. If you wanted into a store that sold only Windex products, there is an extremely high chance you will buy a Windex product. But what if that store sold Windex and 10k other cleaning brands? This makes the customer experience more dependant on what restaurants are paying a premium (ex: shelf space) to get promoted. With Zoom Ordering, we’re like the store what only sells your product. This means we are focused on building experience for your customers so they buy directly from you (not one of the 100k+ restaurants Seamless works with)
- Customer Experience - With Zoom Ordering the customer experience is completely inside of the restaurant's website. There is no need to go another website to complete check out, or worse (get distracted by other restaurants)
- Pricing - Zoom Ordering offers simple pricing that is transparent. Other platforms offer complex pricing that penalizes restaurants for having high volume on their platforms.
Using Zoom Ordering is designed to be extremely easy. There are two interfaces that you interact with.
- Zoom Ordering Admin Dashboard - this is where you can update prices, menu items, and photos.
- Zoom Ordering App - this is how you receive orders electronically. It’s extremely easy to acknowledge the order and manage the process in the app. A typical restaurant can receive dozens of orders on the Zoom Ordering app in one night (and have it all easily managed by one person)
Zoom Ordering provides all the necessary training materials for all of this. That includes videos, user guides, as well as how to access our support team.
When an order sits on the iPad for more than 5 minutes without being acknowledged, your restaurant gets an automated phone call letting them know about their pending order. Additionally, your manager can be notified via text message (this is optional). This is a simple feature that your customers will love, and help your staff stay on top of their online orders. If after 10 min you still have not processed the order, we will call the restaurant a second time.
It happens. Just like an order that sits on the iPad too long, an automated phone message will call the restaurant to let them know if an order is waiting. The customer orders are stored in the cloud, so you don’t need to worry about loosing data. You may also access the orders from the Zoom Ordering website or from your mobile device.
Yes, Zoom Ordering supports unlimited menu options on your account, however 4 menus are included with the standard pricing. Menus can be open all day, or can be restricted to certain days of the week or hours. For example, you may want to limit a breakfast menu from 9am-11am, but your normal takeout menu may be open all day. We’re flexible to support your business needs!